Gregory E. Thompson, M.D., FAANS
451 Chew Street, Suite 407
Allentown, PA 18102
Dr. Thompson treats spinal disease, brain tumors, Chiari malformations, hemorrhagic stroke, hydrocephalus, carpal tunnel syndrome, and trauma to the brain and spine. Most of his practice involves degenerative spinal disorders including, herniated disks, stenosis, and spondylolisthesis. He has expertise in spinal stabilization and fusion techniques.
Appointments are scheduled quickly and Dr. Thompson is available for second opinions.
Education & Training
- Medical degree from Tulane University, New Orleans, LA.
- Surgical Internship & Neurosurgical Residency at the University of Utah
- Chief of Neurosurgery, Keesler Air Force Base, MS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Chief of Neurosurgery at Kessler Air Force Base, Mississippi
- Department Head at the US Naval Hospital in Okinawa, Japan
- Neurosurgical consultant to the Air Force Surgeon General
- Major in the United States Air Force
- U.S.A.F. Meritorious Service Medal for Outstanding Service
Dr. Thompson is now accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment, please call (610) 776-4512.