A candidate must be a board-certified or board-eligible graduate of a three-year U.S. residency program in either family medicine or internal medicine by September of each year. Sacred Heart Hospital’s Geriatric Medicine Residency Program will accept three (3) PGY IV residents each year for a one-year fellowship. Residents must be available to start the Geriatric Medicine Residency Program by September 30 of each year.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application with signature or online application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)*
- Minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation; one (1) must be from past or present program director
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement of career goals in geriatrics
- Letter of residency completion
- Valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate (if applicable)
- USMLE Step 3 scores (required to apply for fellowship program)
* See ERAS website at www.aamc.org.
Our geriatric faculty reviews all applications and appropriate candidates for the upcoming year. We begin interviewing candidates in September of each year. The application deadline is February 28, with final selection occurring by March or earlier. However, we reserve the right to select appropriate candidates before the February 28 deadline, as there is no match for geriatric fellowships. Upon satisfactory completion of our fellowship program, fellows will be eligible to sit for a Certificate of Added Qualification in Geriatric Medicine (CAQ/Geriatrics).