Family Medicine Residency Program
Choosing a family medicine residency program can be a challenging task. The Sacred Heart Family Medicine Residency Program has a long tradition of educating family medicine physicians, participating in the education of family medicine physicians practicing all over the country since 1972.
Some of the highlights of Sacred Heart’s Family Medicine Residency Program:
- Sacred Heart Hospital has a state-of-the-art, 42,000 square foot primary care facility, the Sigal Center for Family Medicine, on its campus.
- Sacred Heart’s Family Medicine Residency Program is located in the beautiful Lehigh Valley, 60 miles from Philadelphia and 85 miles from New York City, 90 miles to Newark.
- Sacred Heart’s Family Medicine Residency Program is an unopposed residency program that allows for resident autonomy.
- Our community-based program has university affiliations and we accept students year-round from Temple University.
- Our dedicated full-time faculty has a variety of interests. Our faculty include: family medicine physicians, internists, geriatricians, pharmacists, and psychologists.
- Our metropolitan program serves a diverse urban patient population.
- We provide a strong ambulatory/inpatient internal medicine experience.
- We provide strong geriatric experiences, including additional teaching by geriatric fellows.
- We offer a detailed core curriculum conference schedule including daily morning report and lectures, Wednesday afternoon workshop. Weekly Tumor Board, Geriatric Tutorial, and Grand Rounds.
Sacred Heart’s Family Medicine Residency Program is a leader in family medicine education. Our goal continues to be to train the finest family medicine physicians in a supportive environment.