Application Requirements for Allopathic, Osteopathic, and IMG Graduates
An eligible candidate for residency must be a graduate of a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), or an international medical school graduate who has successfully met the eligibility requirements of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). The Sacred Heart Family Medicine Residency Program is a three-year program currently accepting six (6) residents per year.
All applicants, including osteopathic applicants, must submit the following through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)* no later than December 31.
1. Complete ERAS application form
2. Dean’s Letter (written within prior 18 months)
3. Medical school transcript
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Passing USMLE or COMLEX scores, Steps 1, 2 and CS (or equivalent)
6. Personal statement
7. Curriculum vitae
* See ERAS website at www.aamc.org.
For all graduates, in addition to the above information, preference is given to applicants with the following:
- US clinical experience
- Graduation from medical school within the last five years
- Successful completion of all USMLE steps with a grade of 80 or above (official transcript required)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
All applications will be reviewed by our Residency Selections Committee. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.