Sacred Heart Hospital Stroke Care
What stroke care does Sacred Heart Hospital provide?
If you enter Sacred Heart Hospital's Emergency Department exhibiting stroke symptoms, a special stroke care team will be immediately alerted that you have arrived so urgent care can be administered as soon as possible. You will:
- be given a CT scan within 25 minutes, but most often within 10 minutes.
- have your CT scan interpreted by a board-certified radiologist.
- be given life-saving medications.
- be cared for by emergency medicine and critical care nurses certified in stroke care as well as by a multidisciplinary stroke care team.
- be examined by a board-certified neurologist if a stroke is diagnosed.