If your organization is a provider of elder care, Sacred Heart HealthCare System has specialized programs to assist nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and others serving the senior population.
- Geriatric Fellowship
- The Sacred Heart Hospital/Temple University (Allentown) Geriatric Medicine Residency Program was accredited on July 1, 2002 by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The first fellow entered our program in August 2002. The program expanded to three fellows in 2005.
- Long-Term Practice Physician
- Sacred Heart HealthCare System is proud to offer the services of a physician trained specifically in the health care needs of older adults. Joon-Seok Jeon, M.D., known as Dr. “Billy,” provides high quality, compassionate medical care to seniors right in the comfort, privacy, and convenience of their residences, whether those residences are assisted living facilities, nursing homes, or personal care facilities.
- After completing medical school and a family medicine residency, Dr. Billy continued his training with a Geriatric Medicine Fellowship at Sacred Heart Hospital. This program, the only one of its kind in the Lehigh Valley, prepared Dr. Billy to be finely tuned to the unique needs of older adults. As a geriatrician, Dr. Billy understands the intricacies of the physical, mental, emotional, behavioral, and social aspects of the aging process and how to best deliver health care to patients in this stage of life.
- In addition to caring for his patients, Dr. Billy frequently lectures on topics important to the geriatric community. He serves as a valuable resource to Sacred Heart patients and their family members.
- Provider Network Education
- Sacred Heart HealthCare System is dedicated to providing education to physicians in our area about geriatric issues. To keep up to date on current trends, exchange ideas, discuss problems, and talk about changing needs, we host Geriatric Tutorials about caring for our senior population. Our specially trained physicians can dispense advice about treatment options, diagnostic tools, and more. We also host frequent Lunch & Learn lectures about a variety of medical topics.
- Primary Care Network
- Every senior needs a primary care physician. Sacred Heart HealthCare System provides a network of primary care offices that provide care for routine medical needs – physicals, regular exams, minor surgery, sick visits, and more.
- Community Resources
- Sacred Heart Hospital is committed to using our resources to support community efforts for our senior population.