Venkata Kanthimathinathan, M.D. (Dr. Venkat)
Center for Bariatric and General Surgery
325 N. 5th Street, 3rd Floor
Allentown, Pa 18102
As a bariatric and general surgeon, Dr. Venkat performs bariatric surgery, to promote weight loss in patients with morbid obesity. In addition, his clinical interests include appendix, gall bladder, open hernia repairs and advanced laparoscopic procedures (heart burn and acid reflux surgery, ventral hernia repairs, inguinal hernia repairs and colon surgery)
Education & Training
- Medical degree from JSS Medical College, Mysore, India
Residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Fellowship trained in Minimally Invasive (advanced laparoscopic)/ Bariatric surgery at University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia, MO
- Board certified by American Board of Surgery
- Received “Best teaching resident award” by Loma Linda University General Surgery residency program in June 2011
- Member of American College of Surgeons (ACS), Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS), American Medical Association (AMA), American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
Dr. Venkat is now accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment, please call (610) 776-4928. Click here for more information on the Sacred Heart Hospital Bariatric Program.