School Based Health Centers
Health Services for Children
To help ensure children in our community receive high quality health care, Sacred Heart HealthCare System developed 5 school-based health centers. These centers are housed in elementary schools in the Allentown School District:
- Jefferson Elementary School
- 750 St. John Street, Allentown 18103
- Roosevelt Elementary School
- 210 W. Susquehanna Street, Allentown 18103
- Sheridan Elementary School
- 521 N. 2nd Street, Allentown 18102
- Hiram Dodd Elementary School
- 1944 S. Church Street, Allentown 18103
- Mosser Elementary School
- 129 S. Dauphin Street, Allentown 18109
Our school-based health centers care for children of all ages, from infancy to high school. All children can conveniently use these centers as their “medical home.”
Our goal is to provide accessible and affordable children’s health care and to offer health education to children and their families. Services provided at the school-based health centers include:
- Early periodic screening diagnosis and treatment (EPSDT) physicals
- Lead and hemoglobin testing
- Daycare, school, camp and routine physicals
- Learner’s permits and working papers
- Sick care
- Chronic disease management
- Referral for special medical and dental care
- CHIP and Medicare application assistance
The school-based health centers are open Monday – Friday, and hours of operation vary with each school. Evening, weekend, and holiday coverage is provided by Sacred Heart Hospital and HealthCall. HealthCall provides a staff of registered nurses specially trained in critical care medicine that are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to answer any non-emergency health questions you may have.
You can reach HealthCall at (610) 776-5470.
Certified nurse practitioners (CRNPs) staff the school-based health centers. Sacred Heart Hospital Pediatric Associates provides physician back-up services
The school-based health centers accept Aetna U.S. Healthcare, CHIP, ACCESS, Mercy, Unison Health Plan, Gateway, and other private health insurance plans.
All services provided at the school-based health centers are confidential. Information will not be released without written consent of a parent or guardian.
Enrollment forms may be picked up at the school-based health center or the main office of the participating schools. For more information, please call 484-765-5976.