Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3 hours ago
In the recent issue of Runner's World magazine, Kit Fox writes 9 reasons why running is good for us. I want to share his 9 points today.
1. The impact of running can increase cartilage production that can safeguard your joints from arthritis.
2. Running sharpens hearing with improved circulation to the ear.
3. Fewer damaged cells develop.
4. Running betas migraines.
5. Running triggers mesenchymal stem cells to spur other cells to generate new muscle.
6. Running eases anxiety.
7. Running prevents cancer. (A Finnish study was cited in which 2,560 middle-aged men were followed for 17 years; the active ones who were runners, were the least likely to die from cancer. The more intense the exercise, the better, they found.)
8. Running increases brainpower and improves cognitive function.
9. Running strengthens bones just like any weight-bearing exercise which increases bone density, which guards against fractures.
NADIA - RNY WITH DR.HOLLAND ON JUNE 30,2009
BE WISE.  EXERCISE.